Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Remember This Vow

I have a strong suspicion Obama will reneg on this when push comes to shove:
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said on Wednesday Iran posed a "grave" danger in the Middle East and vowed to stop it from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

"The danger from Iran is grave, it is real, and my goal will be to eliminate this threat," Obama said in a speech to a conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a pro-Israel lobby group.

"I will do everything in my power to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon -- everything," he said to a standing ovation.
 
Is Obama aware that, as President of the United States, full-scale military invasion is within is power?
 
Just wondering.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking when he said everything in his power he was refering to his power of blathering on about hope and change and having people give him what he wants. Ahmadinejad talks like a Democrat, but I'm betting he will prove inexplicably immune to that power, nevertheless.