Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Deep, Hopeful, Transcending Faith

I wonder if watching Obama defend James T. Meeks will elicit Andrew Sullivan the same rapid-fire Obamagasm shudders his defense of Wright produced.
"fighting AIDS without talking against homosexuality is like fighting lung cancer without talking against smoking."

I have never felt more convinced that this man's candidacy - not this man, his candidacy - and what he can bring us to achieve - is an historic opportunity.

I love this country. I don't remember loving it or hoping more from it than today.


Update: Which reminds me of this:
If _______ had done everything exactly the same way ______ but had embraced gay marriage, do you think Andrew Sullivan would still _________?

If Barack Obama had done everything exactly the same way in his race speech but had denounced gay marriage, do you think Andrew Sullivan would still have clusterspooged in his pants so hard he tore a groin muscle?

No comments: