Sunday, January 6, 2008

Under the Knife

I went to the orthopedic surgeon on Friday morning and the news is not good. Apparently the separation of my collarbone combined with the location of the break (the distal third) mean that a union is highly unlikely without surgical aid. This means I go under tomorrow so they can use some hardware to join them together and hopefully heal.

There are positive aspects to this. The initial estimate for healing time was 6 to 8 weeks and I wouldn't have any real improvement in mobility for several weeks. This is a problem as I can't drive my car until I gain some 30% of my mobility back in my left arm. Of course, I'm also left handed which presents its own problems.

On the other collarbone, the surgery will give me a great deal of my mobility back right away. Aside from the usual hazards of surgery and the ridiculous cost (I have a very high deductible) it is an all-win situation.

So, I'll be under tomorrow. I'll report back after.

As for politics and the primaries and Pakistan, I don't have anything to add. I'm not sure what the fuck I'm supposed to write about on this blog but I know I need to keep it going. I'm sure I'll have something to say soon. Just nothing is over dragging out my creativity.

No comments: