Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sheep

Liberal people (mostly) love to deride the average American citizen as being sheep that just listen to what the government tells them to do. Worried about terrorism? Stop giving in to Bushitler's fearmongering! You want to own or carry a gun for self defense? You're just a racist that wants to shoot brown people.

Well, I'd like to suggest something that may shock you. People that willfully live in disarmed regions expecting the government to protect them are the sheep. People that expect the government to provide health care because it is just too hard to buy their own are sheep. People that stand idly by while a woman is repeatedly stabbed for several minutes in daylight in Midtown Manhatten are sheep.

My family are farmers and raise any number of delicious creatures out west. One thing you realize almost immediately about domesticated animals is that they have almost no fight in them when it comes to defending their herd-mates. In general, when you harrass a member of the herd, the others distance themselves appropriately and watch with mild interest. I can almost hear them think, "Wow, I'm glad that isn't happening to me."

New Yorkers are notorious for their condescending opinion of we fly-over bumpkins and pride themselves on being tough and independent minded. Well, I can tell you that the people in my neighborhood would fucking do something if they saw someone getting stabbed for so long that a second knife seemed necessary. I dare say, gunfire would have resulted.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The people of New York (and Chicago and D.C., etc...) are sheep and the N.Y.P.D. are their herding dogs. They wouldn't have it any other way.

Update: From the comments:
Sorry, Moron, I live in NYC and am in the process of getting a firearm. It's a pain in the ass, but it can be done here. I'm going to teach my son how to shoot at a gun club in Queens.

BTW, I'm not the only New Yorker unwilling to cede all rights to bear arms.

Point well taken. In my haste and outrage I neglected to comment on how amazing the average New Yorker is aside from the aforementioned tendency to be an ultra-liberal statist. I also overgeneralized. For that I apologize.

I spent ten days in New York City over New Years and New Yorkers really endeared themselves to me in most ways. I happily focus my comments more specifically to the absolute support for a state monopoly on firearms combined with absolute repugnance at the behavior of any person that saw the above.

Readers: 1, Moron: 0

1 comment:

Benavente said...

Sorry, Moron, I live in NYC and am in the process of getting a firearm. It's a pain in the ass, but it can be done here. I'm going to teach my son how to shoot at a gun club in Queens.

BTW, I'm not the only New Yorker unwilling to cede all rights to bear arms.