Monday, June 2, 2008

I Now Pronounce You Party A and Party B

I was never very interested in the gay marriage debate.  It wasn't that I didn't care about the "plight" of homosexuals wanting to get married (marriage is a human right?  Puhlease.)  I just didnt' care at all either way.  I couldn't figure out why anyone was getting that excited about it.
 
Now I see evidence that gay marriage will cheapen the institution.  Get a load of this shit:

The state Department of Public Health -- which serves as State Registrar and oversees vital records -- said in an announcement that June 16 is the last day the state Supreme Court can rule on any requests for re-hearing. It released new marriage license forms for counties to use beginning the following day.

The new forms, which were also released, have lines for "Party A" and "Party B."

 
How fucking romantic.  Party A and Party B.  Sounds like their cosigning on a car loan. 
 
Best part?  Everyone has to use the same form so if you are hetero and getting married you're still A and B, not man and wife. No wonder my generation has completely lost interest in marriage.  Thanks for fucking it up you useless, free-love, if it feels good do it hippies. 

 

No comments: