Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Men Are Guilty

Yesterday I spent some quality time in a hospital waiting room (I'm fine) and noticed an adorable baby girl walking around and dancing and in many other ways just being charming. After a few minutes I realized that I felt awkward watching her play and it dawned on me that I was worried I would make the mother uncomfortable.

Am I just crazy here or is it normal for me to assume that a mother would react negatively to a man watching her child play? Is it weird? I have to admit, I have special reason to be charmed by the antics of a baby girl (on that, more at some later time...) but has the world progressed so far against men that we shouldn't even look at other people's children?

Surely I would feel awkward helping a child find her parents in a mall.

No comments: